About Our Club & Membership
We are a long standing members only club who actively encourages people new to the sport to come and get involved
How Does Membership Work?
WRPC is a members only club run under Home Office rules, but what does this mean to you? To shoot at the club you join as a probationary member.
To progress to full membership you have to complete a probation period. During this time you will be taught gun safety, technique, shooting skills and will have ample opportunity to try lots of different firearms out. We’ll also ensure that you’re safe.
By law the minimum period before you can pass probation is three months with a minimum of 12 separate visits. WRPC maintains this minimum and places an upper limit of six months on probationary status, i.e. you have to complete your 12 probation visits within six months of starting them.
On passing probation you must pay the appropriate fee and become a full member if you wish to continue shooting at the club. Don’t worry, you don’t have to appear in front of the committee or do an interview. On becoming a full member you may apply for your own Firearms Certificate.
Membership fees are renewed every year at the end of October.
Here’s the typical course of events
- Book your first session online. A non-refundable payment of £10 is required at the time of booking.
- Attend the club on your booked WEDNESDAY evening at 7pm with your completed membership form, proof of ID and proof of address. Enjoy your first shoot!
- Attend on Wednesday evenings and pay the range fee of £5 each time you shoot
- On your fourth successful visit an additional non-refundable payment of £50 is required to go towards your membership fee.
- On your fifth visit a probationary membership card will be issued to you. With the card you may attend on other weekday evenings if you prefer.
- Keep attending until at least 3 months have passed AND you’ve completed 12 probationary sessions.
- On your 12th visit you will pay the pro-rata membership fee, minus the £50 already paid.
- When your full membership is approved you will be issued with a Full Member ID card and may apply for your Firearms Certificate (which the club members will assist with).
Full members and probationers with more than four visits are issued with a picture ID range card that must be shown AT ALL TIMES
“When I first went to the club, I was worried there might be a cliquey atmosphere. I could not have been more wrong. The guys running the club were amongst the most open I had ever met. I (and other first timers there) was made to feel very welcome, and was shown everything necessary to be safe while handling firearms at my entry level. ”
Probationary Member – Facebook