How does membership work?
By law the minimum period before you can pass probation is 3 months with a minimum of 12 separate visits. WRPC maintains this minimum and places an upper limit of 6 months on probationary status, i.e. you have to complete your 12 probation visits within 6 months of starting them.
On passing probation you must pay the appropriate fee and become a full member if you wish to continue shooting at the club. Don’t worry, you don’t have to appear in front of the committee or do an interview. On becoming a full member you may apply for your own Firearms Certificate, if you wish to do so.
Membership fees are renewed every year at the end of October.
- Book your first session online. A non-refundable payment of £10 is required at the time of booking.
- Attend the club on your booked WEDNESDAY evening at 7pm with your completed membership form, proof of ID and proof of address. Enjoy your first shoot!
- Attend on Wednesday evenings and pay the range fee of £5 each time you shoot.
- On your fourth successful visit an additional non-refundable payment of £50 is required to go towards your membership fee.
- On your fifth visit a probationary membership card will be issued to you. With the card you may attend on other weekday evenings if you prefer.
- Keep attending until at least 3 months have passed AND you’ve completed 12 probationary sessions.
- On your 12th visit you will pay the pro-rata membersip fee, minus the £50 already paid.
- When your full membership is approved you will be issued with a Full Member ID card and may apply for your Firearms Certificate (which the club members will assist with).